RedHat Server Hardening (RH143)
Red Hat® Server Hardening (RH413) builds on a student's Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience to provide an understanding of how to secure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system to comply with security policy requirements.
FB page:- LinuxWorld India
Red Hat® Server Hardening
Red Hat® Server Hardening consists of 1 module — RH143
- Track security updates Understand how Red Hat Enterprise Linux produces updates and how to use yum to perform queries to identify what errata are available.
- Manage software updates Develop a process for applying updates to systems including verifying properties of the update.
- Create file systemsg Allocate an advanced file system layout and use file system encryption.
- Manage file systems Adjust file system properties through security related options and file system attributes.
- Manage special permissions Work with set user ID (SUID), set group ID (SGID), and sticky (SVTX) permissions and locate files with these permissions enabled.
- Manage additional file access controls Modify default permissions applied to files and directories; work with file access control lists.
- Monitor for file system changes Configure software to monitor the files on your machine for changes.
- Manage user accounts Set password-aging properties for users; audit user accounts.
- Manage pluggable authentication modules (PAMs) Apply changes to PAMs to enforce different types of rules on users.
- Secure console access Adjust properties for various console services to enable or disable settings based on security.
- Install central authentication Install and configure a Red Hat Identity Management server and client.
- Manage central authentication Configure Red Hat Identity Management rules to control both user access to client systems and additional privileges granted to users on those systems.
- Configure system logging Configure remote logging to use transport layer encryption and manage additional logs generated by remote systems.
- Configure system auditing Enable and configure system auditing.
- Control access to network services Manage firewall rules to limit connectivity to network services.
Red Hat® Server Hardening Course Content :
The Red Hat® Server Hardening is designed for:
- Needs technical guidance on how to enhance the security of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Responsible for implementing security policy requirements on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems consistently and in a reproducible, scalable way
- Must be able to demonstrate that systems meet security policy requirements.
- Maintains continued adherence to security requirements, including management of security-critical operating system/software updates.
- RHCE-level skills highly recommended
Benefits to earning a Red Hat certification:
- Recognition in the industry
- Increased customer confidence
- Proof of knowledge and skills
- Certification verification tool for employers
- Use of the certification logo on business cards
- Ability to access multiple Red Hat Certificated Professional (RHCP) online communities (like Facebook and LinkedIn)
Access to Red Hat Certification Central website
• Download certification logo
• Purchase Red Hat certification gear
• Red Hat Certified Professionals forum
• Online profile listed under your certification number
• Red Hat Certified Professional job search
• Special offers on training and events
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification, or equivalent experience required
DELIVERANCES BY LINUXWORLD India :
- Project Certificate from LinuxWorld Informatics Pvt Ltd (on successful completion of project)
- Participation - Training Certificate - RedHat India Pvt. Ltd.
- Training Certificate by LinuxWorld - An ISO 9001-2008 Certified Organization
- DVD - Containing Software and RPM's
- Extra Software for Tech.
- Material in Printed Hard Copy
- 24 x 7 Wi Fi Enabled Lab Facility
- Life Time Membership (LTM) Card
- Expert faculty having 12+ yrs of Industrial Exposure
- Practical Implementation by having hands-on experience on live demo and real world's case studies project
- Authenticate Job Assistance for Certified RHCE Candidates by RedHat and MonsterIndia portal and
LinuxWorld Placement's Companies
About the RedHat Server Hardening certificationThe Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening exam (EX413) tests candidates' knowledge, skills, and abilities to apply standards-based best practices to secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems against unauthorized access.
Red Hat® Enterprise Performance Tuning is designed to teach senior Linux® system administrators the methodology of performance tuning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Exam objectives — RedHat Server Hardening : Get Details
- Identify Red Hat Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) and Red Hat Security Advisories (RHSAs) and selectively update systems based on this information
- Verify package security and validity.
- The hands-on nature of this exam makes real-world experience a critical facet of preparation.
- Identify and employ standards-based practices for configuring file system security, create and use encrypted file systems, tune file system features, and use specific mount options to restrict access to file system volumes.
- Configure default permissions for users and use special file permissions, attributes, and access control lists (ACLs) to control access to files.
- Install and use intrusion detection capabilities in Red Hat Enterprise Linux to monitor critical system files
- Manage user account security and user password security
- Manage system login security using pluggable authentication modules (PAM)
- Configure console security by disabling features that allow systems to be rebooted or powered off using bootloader passwords
- Configure system-wide acceptable use notifications
- Install, configure, and manage identity management services and configure identity management clients
- Configure remote system logging services, configure system logging, and manage system log files using mechanisms such as log rotation and compression
- Configure system auditing services and review audit reports
- Use network scanning tools to identify open network service ports and configure and troubleshoot system firewalling
- System administrators responsible for standards-compliant security on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- System administrators responsible for security on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems or who wish to harden systems beyond default configurations
- RHCEs who wish to earn Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Be Red Hat Certified System Administrators or have comparable work experience and skills (Red Hat Certified Engineer would be even better)
- Have taken the Red Hat Server Hardening (RH442) course or have equivalent work experience
- Review the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening exam (EX413) objectives
- 5 days exam bootcamp is conducted keeping in mind the revision of entire course in rapid track and by
imparting the tips and tricks to easily crack the paper.
- Mock tests are conducted to judge the student's knowledge and then help them in improving their respective weak areas to excel in the exam.
- Cost for Exam Boot Camp : 4000/- INR (Its Free for LinuxWorld Student)